Uoops! I think I’ve just made a PER_FECT Chocolate Ice Cream!! WooHooo! SO Happy! 🙂 It is really amazing, I cant believe it turned out so good.
- 125g Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 Vanilla Pod or 1 tea spoon of vanilla extract (best quality – natural!)
- 300ml Milk
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 85g Caster Sugar ( I use fruit sugar)
- 300ml Double Cream
- 1 spoon of corn flour
- White or Dark Chocolate Chips (as you wish)
Prepare a double boiler (like on the pic). We use it instead of a usual sauce pan because it allows to keep a temperature low – just what we need. Otherwise it is very easy to bring to boil or even burn the chocolate/milk or whatever we are working with.
Add milk. Split the vanilla pod, scrape out the seeds and add to the milk (or your vanilla extract). Add the chocolate and stir gently until the chocolate has melted. Bring almost to the boil, then remove from the heat, cover, and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the milk&chocolate mix. Mix well and return the mix into the double boiler. Add a big spoon of corn flour. Cook the mixture over a low heat, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens slightly and coats the back of a spoon. It is important that the mixture does not boil, or it will curdle. Pour the thickened mixture into a bowl and allow it to cool completely.
- When the mixture is cool, whisk in the double cream. Pour the mixture into a freezerproof container and freeze for at least 3–4 hours, then stir. Freeze for a further 2 hours and repeat stirring. Stir in the white or dark chocolate chips and freeze until ready to use. Alternatively, use an ice cream machine, and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Thats what I did! It came out perfect!
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer 10–15 minutes before serving. Welcome to heaven. x