I know. I know. You are going to say: “Chocolate cake?! Good grief! Not again!”
Sorry mates. Cant help it! I religiously believe in chocolate cakes. One of the best human inventions, they are good for your mind, and MY cakes are also great for your body! 🙂
Please welcome the 4th chocolate cake in my bespoke chocollection 🙂 :
Flourless and Flawless Very Chocolate Cake.
- 6 eggs
- 150 g of caster sugar or fructose (if you, like me, want a low GI cake)
- 50g cocoa powder
- 200 g double cream
- 250 g dark chocolate 70%
- *Cointreau liqueur
- caster sugar or fruit sugar
- *Cointreau liqueur
*If you dont have a liqueur, you cant still make it but the cake just wont have this “orange&alco kick”.
Now put on your sexy kitchen outfit and start!
Preheat the oven 180 degrees.
1) Separate egg yolks from whites
2) Beat egg yolks with half of your sugar (or fruit sugar) till white and thick
3) Beat egg whites with another half of sugar (or fruit sugar) t0 soft peaks
4) Add cocoa powder and a table spoon of whites to the yolks, mix carefully. Then add the rest of the whites – fold them in carefully with a wooden or silicon spatula.
5) Divide your mix into 2, place in two 25 cm baking tins and put in the oven preheated at 180 degrees.
6) Bake for 25 min.
While the cake is in the oven, prepare the cream. We are going to make a ganache.
1) Break the chocolate into small pieces and place into a medium bowl.
2) Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Almost bring to a boil and switch off the moment it is about to start boiling.
3) Pour the cream over the chopped chocolate, and mix gently until smooth.
4) Stir in the 3-4 tb spoons of liqueur.Done here.
Mix sugar, a touch of liqueur and warm water (so that sugar could dissolve).
Get your cake out of the oven (if you havent done it yet. It must stay there only for 25 min, remember) and cool down. Soak both parts both your syrup and cover each with still warm ganache.
Done. You can serve the cake straight away. It will be very “chololaty” and creamy! But my advice it to put it in the fridge for about 4 hours (better overnight). It will have this thick crunchy and cool top – like you usually see in the chocolate bar TV commercials!
It is not a commercial. It was YOU who’s made THIS! 🙂 Enjoy!
P.S. Another great thing about this cake. The description looks quite long but it will take you only about 40 min to make this cake from scratch – great INIT?!