I suddenly realised I have probably 10 or 15 desserts recipes on my blog and only one salad! Ouuch! Does it mean I don’t eat salads? It just means I eat very simple salads: mixed salad leaves + tomatoes + olive oil + balsamic vinegar = amazing! 🙂 Promise to take a picture next time! 😉 And now – another cake!
I keep exploring a weird and wonderful world of cheesecakes. Here is another amazing recipe which is now on the first place in my rating of (two) cheesecakes I’ve made so far! 🙂
This recipe is for the 25 cm. baking tin. Use a lose base tin.
- 2/3 cup ground almonds
- 2/3 cup flaxseeds
- 3 tablespoons fruit sugar
- 40 gr. unsalted butter, melted
- 20 oz cream cheese, softened (I use Philadelphia cheese)
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese at room temperature (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup fruit sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the crust: Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
Butter bottom and side of a 25 cm springform pan.Blend ground almonds, flaxseeds and sugar in a food processor. Add the butter and process until moist crumbs form. Press the almond mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan (not on the sides of the pan). Bake the crust until it is set and beginning to brown, about 12 minutes. Cool. Decrease the oven temperature to 170 degrees C.
Make filling while crust bakes:
- Beat cream cheese, mascarpone, and fruit sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium high speed until fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla, lemon juice, and salt and mix at low speed until combined.
- Pour into cooled crust and bake until cake is set and puffed around edge but still trembles slightly when pan is shaken gently, about 40 min until golden. Turn the oven off and stand the cake in the oven for 20 min, leaving the door closed. Cool at a room temperature for 1,5 hours, then keep in a fridge. Try to wait for 8 hours before serving the cake. It will continue to set as it cools.
Sprinkle top with grated lemon zest! Welcome to heaven! 😉