My friend Lu Rodionova presented me this wonderful recipe of Pumpkin & Rosemary soup. It is absolutely beautiful and delicious!
1 small or 1/2 of a big pumpkin
1 courgette, peeled
1 big onion
2 cloves of garlic
3 sprigs of rosemary
1/2 tea spoon of cumin seeds
1 cube of veg stock
olive oil (for frying)
100 ml of double of singe cream (add more if you prefer)
1 tb sp. of curry (in the recipe but I did not use)
Prepare the stock: dissolve a stock cube in a cup of hot water. Put aside.
1. Heat the oil a sauce pan, add chopped onion, garlic, chopped rosemary, cumin seeds and a diced carrot. Cook for about 10 min until soften.
Tip: after about 3-5 min add a bit of boiling water (instead of more oil). It will help soften the onion and carrot without making your soup fattier. 😉
2. Add your chopped courgette and a diced pumpkin. Cook for another 1-2 minutes stirring to coat.
3. Add a cup of prepared veg stock to the sauce pan + add more water to cover all the ingredients.
4. Bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 30 minutes.
5. Add 100 ml or more of double or single cream and curry (if you use it)
6. Let the soup cool down and puree it in a food processor or with the blender till the smoothest result.
Serve with parmesan cheese, jamon or a beautiful winking king prawn! 😉
You will totally love it!!